Thursday, August 25, 2011

FINALLY!!!!

Finally, the moment I have been waiting for since I was a freshman in high school has come: I have made it to the UK!!!!!!!! I wish I could explain my random lust for coming to Europe, especially England, but I can't. It is just something that I have always wanted to do, and now, 7 years later, I am finally achieving this goal.

I arrived into Heathrow at nine a.m. London time after a long six hour red eye flight from Newark. The flight wasn't too bad, but it was hard to sleep with all of the lights on. Needless to say I have not napped once today and think by tomorrow I will be adjusted nicely. As soon as we got off the plan we all started our London education by getting familiar with our surrounding area via a tour by the one and only Todd Wronski himself.

So, long story short, nothing too exciting, other than arriving in London and finding out that a plethora of attractive men have been hiding in this great city of course, happened today. Before our flight took off we were all preparing to have a fun Thursday night, filled with going out to pubs and hopefully meeting some locals. However, after this extremely long, tiring day combined with the fact that we have a quiz first thing tomorrow on all of our summer reading, which we barely remember because we completed it months ago I might add, we have all decided to act like people from retirement homes (no offense!!!!!) and hit the hay rather early. That's probably a good idea, though. We want a good night's sleep to better prepare ourselves for whatever adventures tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment