Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's Time

Today is the day.. the FINAL day I am in the United States before I embark on what I will hope to be an extremely EPIC time in the UK for a whole year. Yes, an entire year. It took a lot of time, but I think I am finally prepared; my bags are packed to full capacity, my passport and visa are set, and I have all of the necessary documents I need to show the people working at the airport when I land in London on Thursday morning. Instead of laying outside in the sunshine one last time before I leave as an attempt to fix the horrid tan lines I acquired while working at camp this summer, I spent what seems like endless hours packing and repacking all of my suitcases and carry on bag to fit the requirements that Virgin Airlines has. Who knew that a carry on could not be more than 13 pounds or that a backpack counts as a full on carry on bag too! Despite these minor infractions getting in my way, I am still ecstatic! It seems like everything is going to plan and will work out great (knock on wood), that is if you ignore the minor fact that I'll probably realize I forgot something once I board the plane or that it's possible the airline can lose my luggage, but who's really focusing on that!!! I'm not worried at all!!! (I hope you note the sarcasm in those statements.)

SO tomorrow at approximately 12:15 p.m. Eastern Standard Time I will be leaving my house in Newtown and heading to Newark airport in hopes to arrive there a whole four hours before my nine p.m. flight as required by Virgin, with a quick pit stop in Fishkill to have lunch with my grandparents. Why, you ask? Because that's just the kind of person I am :) Well, sometimes.... just kidding!

Okay kids, working at an all girls camp in Maine all summer has made me a granny, (no offense grandparents) and it is time I get ready for bed. And yes I do know it is only 9:33 p.m. on a summer night, but I'm trying to save up my energy for England, GOSH!

Catch you all on the flipside. Or I guess on the other side of the Earth. Well, maybe not that far, but it's still about 3,000 miles north(ish)east from here and five hours ahead.

CHEERIO AMERICA, HELLO ENGLAND!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment